Friday, December 16, 2011

Nesting


This delay in blog updates has been brought to you by nesting – the next stage of my pregnancy. As I am no stranger to anal-retentiveness, I was curious how this next chapter would effect me. Yeah, it's not pretty...I would describe myself in nesting-mode as focused (read: obsessive), determined to cross stuff off my list, cleaning like a fool regardless of physical limitations while collecting necessary provisions I didn't even know I needed. I confess, I woke up at 3:00AM to make a spreadsheet...with formulas.

In all fairness, we had a lot to do – the closet/contractor snafu delayed us quite a bit. Regardless, we're at a good point now and the baby's room is pretty much done. It exudes cuteness and calmness with a good mix of safari and Muppet influences. I've been catching Andy in her room just looking around contemplatively, making snow angels on the cushy white shag rug or quietly gliding on our rocker. He's going to be a great dad.

Here's a sneak peek into the nursery:




Just in case you thought I was depriving her of pink....as you can see, there's plenty of it! 


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Where are those drawers? Did you redo the closet in that room too?

Ali said...

Yup, this closet redo is much simpler than thew one in our room. Andy spent alot of time in closets this past fall!