Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby's First Concert

This week, the baby can hear sounds outside the womb. It’s perfect timing - we’re christening those newly formed auditory canals with live U2 music!

The July heatwave and our general admission tickets proved to be an endurance test but there was no way me and my bump were missing this show, which was rescheduled from a year ago after Bono’s emergency back surgery. In order to pace myself, we arrived at the stadium at a “normal person’s time,” as opposed to our crazy-fan camping-out behavior to get into the front row.

We still had a good view of the stage and braving the heat, along with the lack of seat, was more than well-worth it! They performed a killer set list, definitely my favorite of any of the U2 shows I’ve ever seen.

Our Baby will be well-versed in Achtung Baby era songs, with the surprise opener of Even Better than the Real Thing, followed by 5 songs from that album. The highlight for me though was an impromptu encore/show closer of Out of Control — one of my all-time favorites.

Here's the full set list and review.

No comments: