Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tanzania Safari 2.0

I've been on safari twice. Yup, twice. How did this amazing life become mine? I always dreamed about a safari - especially since I've had a fascination with big cats since I was young - but thought always thought I'd have to be really lucky to see my safari dreams realized.

Let me tell you, the second time around was even better than the first! Tanzania is amazing! It is teeming with wildlife and the people have a pure and joyful spirit that is almost unbelievable given it's one of the poorest countries.

This time around, I was directing a film crew to capture marketing footage for my job. It was fantastic being out there with my crew of two Tanzanian film students, we got along like a house on fire. My film boys (they affectionately referred to me as "My Ali") and my guide were probably the highlight of my trip. Other highlights included seeing my old friends at our Arusha office and those working at the camps, spending the day with a traditional Maasai healer, a male elephant in musk, cheetahs, leopards, and visiting the Maasai in a very remote area. I also loved talking with our guests - it made me really proud of my work, it's pretty cool that I play a part in helping people realize their dream.

Check out some of my pictures from safari here. I'll spare you the gazillion marketing photos of our camps and staff and focus on the stuff you want to see.

No comments: